Volunteer Membership Coordinator Needed!
We are currently looking to engage a creative, focused and enthusiastic volunteer who will involve local community and businesses in supporting ARMS mission and strategic goals. Membership is a very important and influential tool to have as a non-profit organization and therefore ARMS is looking for a volunteer membership coordinator to strengthen and engage the relationship with existing members and increase opportunities for new membership. We offer training and learning opportunities, regular communication, space to provide input and feedback, leadership opportunities and our great appreciation in many forms!
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and mature
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with a non-profit is considered an asset
Volunteer Membership Coordinator:
- Connect with local businesses for potential partnerships/sponsorships/memberships
- Assist with coordinating one event at ARMS, or another suitable location, to engage existing members
- Gain 25 new members by the end of project term.
Approximately 5 hours per month between Feb 2018 – Dec 2018 (total of approx. 60 hours). Hours are flexible and can be completed in office or from home on your own schedule.
Link to Mission:
At the Alouette River Management Society, we’re on a mission to proactively protect and improve the Alouette Watershed and surrounding areas by creating a healthy environment which connects parks, trail systems, public centres and waterways and volunteers are essential to helping us deliver on that mission.
By volunteering, you can:
- Explore your passion for nature and the environment
- Learn and gain hands-on experience and share your skills
- Make a difference and give back to your community
- Get outside, be active and have fun working with others
- Be part of an amazing non-profit, charitable organization located in beautiful Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
Benefits and Recognition:
- Receive valuable employment experience in fundraising and event planning, leadership and marketing
- Enhance your communication skills
- Contribute to the community by working for a charitable not-for-profit organization
- Further advance ARMS’ mission of raising public awareness
- Gain a letter of recommendation, reference on LinkedIn and credit on any materials produced and recognition in the ARMS newsletter which goes out to over 300 individuals and groups
- Support for your learning objectives throughout the project duration
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this volunteer opportunity