Volunteer Special Event Booth Attendant Needed!
We are currently looking to engage a number of passionate, outgoing and enthusiastic volunteers who will involve local community in supporting ARMS mission and strategic goals. Community relations are an important part of ARMS, especially with getting our message across and therefore we are looking for volunteer special event booth attendants to assist staff with the 2019 events planned. We offer training and learning opportunities, regular communication, space to provide input and feedback, leadership opportunities and our great appreciation in many forms!
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and mature
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Volunteer experience or experience with a non-profit is considered an asset
- Previous event planning experience is considered an asset
Volunteer Special Event Booth Attendant:
- Event setup and take down of ARMS tent and other event items
- Connect with local community responding to requests and handing out information on the Alouette watershed
- Represent ARMS during event in a professional and respectable manner
Hours are flexible and can be completed in office or from home on your own schedule.
Approximately 4-6 hours per month between April 2019 – Sept 2019 (approximately 50 hours).
Link to Mission:
At the Alouette River Management Society, we’re on a mission to proactively protect and improve the Alouette Watershed and surrounding areas by creating a healthy environment which connects parks, trail systems, public centres and waterways and volunteers are essential to helping us deliver on that mission.
By volunteering, you can:
- Explore your passion for nature and the environment
- Learn and gain hands-on experience and share your skills
- Make a difference and give back to your community
- Get outside, be active and have fun working with others
- Be part of an amazing non-profit, charitable organization located in beautiful Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
- Volunteer will be responsible to the Executive Director and will co-ordinate with the Environmental Projects and Communications Manager.
- Criminal records check will need to be completed for all successful volunteers.
Benefits and Recognition:
- Receive valuable employment experience in fundraising and event planning, leadership and marketing
- Enhance your communication skills
- Contribute to the community by working for a charitable not-for-profit organization
- Further advance ARMS’ mission of raising public awareness
- Gain a letter of recommendation, reference on LinkedIn and credit on any materials produced and recognition in the ARMS newsletter which goes out to over 300 individuals and groups
- Support for your learning objectives throughout the project duration
- If interested email Sophie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org