Volunteer Fundraising Assistant Needed!
We are currently looking to engage a number of passionate, outgoing and enthusiastic volunteers who will involve local community and businesses in supporting ARMS mission and strategic goals. Fundraising is an important source of income for ARMS and therefore we are looking for a volunteer fundraising coordinator to strengthen our fundraising activities and directly contribute to increasing organizational resources supporting on-the-ground environmental programs. We offer training and learning opportunities, regular communication, space to provide input and feedback, leadership opportunities and our great appreciation in many forms!
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and mature
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Volunteer experience or experience with a non-profit is considered and asset
Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator:
- Connect with local businesses for potential sponsorships for specific ARMS programs
- Plan and implement one fundraising activities with the goal to raise $1000 by the end of project term
Hours are flexible and can be completed in office or from home on your own schedule.
Approximately 4 hours per month between Feb 2019 – Dec 2019 (approximately 50 hours).
Link to Mission:
At the Alouette River Management Society, we’re on a mission to proactively protect and improve the Alouette Watershed and surrounding areas by creating a healthy environment which connects parks, trail systems, public centres and waterways and volunteers are essential to helping us deliver on that mission.
By volunteering, you can:
- Explore your passion for nature and the environment
- Learn and gain hands-on experience and share your skills
- Make a difference and give back to your community
- Get outside, be active and have fun working with others
- Be part of an amazing non-profit, charitable organization located in beautiful Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
- Volunteer will be responsible to the Executive Director and will co-ordinate with the Environmental Projects and Communications Manager.
- Criminal records check will need to be completed for all successful volunteers.
Benefits and Recognition:
- Receive valuable employment experience in fundraising and event planning, leadership and marketing
- Enhance your communication skills
- Contribute to the community by working for a charitable not-for-profit organization
- Further advance ARMS’ mission of raising public awareness
- Gain a letter of recommendation, reference on LinkedIn and credit on any materials produced and recognition in the ARMS newsletter which goes out to over 300 individuals and groups
- Support for your learning objectives throughout the project duration
- If interested email Sophie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org