To provide a unique destination field trip for elementary school students to the Rivers Heritage Centre and the Allco Fish Hatchery. The primary objective is to increase the level of public awareness and stewardship in the Alouette Watershed and Maple Ridge area.
- What is a watershed?
- Natural vs. Developed watershed.
- Stream Habitat components and functions.
- Effects of urbanization.
- The Salmonid Life Cycle
- Salmon Life Cycle
- Hatchery vs. Wild Survival.
- Allco Hatchery tour.
- Aquatic Life
- What do fish eat?
- Biodiversity in Aquatic Life.
- Life Cycle of aquatic insects.
- Aquatic insects as indicators of stream health.
- Forest & Stream Ecology
- Native plant identification.
- Riparian Areas.
- Wildlife Trees, Nursery Logs and Large Woody Debris.